Hugs _and_ Kisses from Camp 2011!

In my third year of camp directing, I've become the greatest communicator of camp information of all time.  So much so, in fact, that parents find me to be accessible for every single query and thought they have, camp related or otherwise.  Mostly I'm agreeable to this, because I'm certain that I am contributing to a positive camp experience for the whole family, and because quite often they are expressly appreciative and have even remarked that this is the best run camp their daughters have ever attended.  And also, because sometimes they sign their emails to me like this:

" Thanks for your help Carrie!  XOXO -NINA!"

And what about this?  Well, it's certainly reminiscent of a previous commentary (http://greenbeanclub.blogspot.com/2009/05/with-love.html), but also relevant, because it happened just today.

Despite this extreme accessibility on my part, some parents are still grappling.  I try to be patient, because I remember the time that my own mother called my brother's prospective college basketball coach and introduced herself as "Meredith, Richard's husband" on the answering machine message.

Even with the most explicit instructions though, some parents (actually only one in the history of camp) still manage to send their daughter's medical forms to Drew Faust, President of Harvard University.  At any rate, she's here, and President Faust has assured me that she is cleared to row.

Comments

  1. I might feel insulted with you quoting me, but calling Rich's coach was funny then and it still is. Enjoyed the s.story.
    xoxo me

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts