You Are What You Eat?

When you are expecting a new baby, you might find yourself occassionally referencing websites where you can read about what growth milestones your in utero child is currently accomplishing and how he or she is developing.  Things like "this week your baby has grown eyelashes" or "now has a fully functioning kidney" or "has lost her tail."  The website will give you an update on the average size of a baby at that time in the pregnancy, almost always by comparing it to a piece of food: "your baby is now the size of a grain of rice, a grape, a pear, a head of Chinese cabbage." 
"Well shoot," I thought, while I made a coleslaw for my home made fish tacos, "how does Chinese cabbage compare in size to red, napa, or curly green?" 


Frankly, I was unsettled as the food processor made short work of the red cabbage.  I was quite pleased, though, with the tacos. 

Comments

Popular Posts