E to the llie - June 6, 2013

Today is Ellie's birthday, seven years ago today she was born, by scheduled c-section on 6-6-06, a fact in which Josh continues to take great enjoyment. 

Last night Josh reminded me of her birthday, saying "I was thinking about tomorrow, and you know how she really likes that Bruno Mars cd?  Well he's coming out with a new one - maybe she'd like that?"

The manner in which Ellie likes my Bruno Mars cd is this:

"Turn it to number three," she demands.

And so I chastise, "show me some manners please."

"Turn it number three puhleeeeese."

And I balk, because while most of the songs on the cd are upbeat and fun love songs, lazy day songs, or friendship songs, "Our First Time" is dripping with sensual R&B sounds and lyrics like "Don't it feel good babe...clothes are not required...it's our first time." 

"What about number nine, 'Count on Me,' Ellie. Maybe I don't want to listen to this song."

"Why not?" she demands.

"Auh, no reason, I'll tell you when you're seven, fine just listen to it, don't sing it aloud to your little sister."

She passes through two great songs in order to roll around on the floor with her legs splayed in the air, somewhat in the fashion of a very tortured rendition of the tryout scene from Flash Dance. 

"This is how my dad dances!"  she yells.

Really Don?  You too?

"Watch me dance Henry!" 

I tell you what, that baby could not take his eyes away from her. 
----
I don't think I'll be giving Ellie music as a gift this year, though if we get a late invitation to the party there is a 2Pac cd in the car that she might appreciate. 

Comments

Popular Posts