A Note to Danielle and Marissa


To Danielle and Marissa,
I was laughing tonight, while in our local Mexican restaurant (where I’m afraid I ordered the wrong thing – to my dismay the fish tacos were filled with fish sticks and what appeared to be the special sauce from a McDonald's Big Mac) Henry kept hopping up to make shy eyes at the thickly drawled man behind me in the booth.  The man kept asking him “what’s yur name?” (to which neither Henry nor I knew how to respond – Henry can’t say his own name and the man didn’t ask me, so I’m not going to interject, he’s his own person, right?) and then saying “oh, yur so cute, yur gonna’ be beatin’ ‘em off with a stick when yur older!” 

As hilarious as that all sounds, my laughter stemmed more from the sleepless mess of hormones and also the memory of Marissa telling Danielle’s little sister that “she is so cute!  Someday, the boys will be beating her off with a stick!” 
Hope that you are both well and happy and looking forward to a beautiful summer,

Carrie

Comments

Popular Posts