Correspondence, Happy Birthday

Good afternoon wonderful Emily Walker,

Ahhh!  Coach Walker!  I will always be honored to serve as a reference for you.  I hope that they do contact me so that I may gush about how wonderful you are and how you will instill in all of their athletes a love for rowing.  

All is well, today we will be canning tomatoes and making salsa.  Why?  Because it is the hottest day of the week, and we love to swelter over boiling pots of water while the acid from the tomatoes burns our cuticles and the jalapenos make us weep.  It's a fun little masochistic ritual in which my father and I like to partake.  Incidentally, we canned tomatoes last week on my birthday (also the hottest day of that week) and all day my dad kept saying "the 8th is tomorrow, the 8th is tomorrow!"  The morning after that mostly miserable day, my dad showed up to milk with me beaming "Happy Birthday!"  Thanks Dad, my birthday was yesterday.  (I'm not too jaded, they used to think my birthday was the 6th.  Many times I had to correct the school records after they registered me incorrectly.)  I made a pineapple upside down cake for breakfast for my parents, to celebrate my after birthday breakfast.  

Good luck with your application, I hope that you will love to coach!

Fondly, 

Your friend Carrie

In fairness to my parents - my dad is not on the facebook and my mother has her own birthday incorrectly posted there, so...

Comments

Popular Posts