Failed Business Enterprises

To Richard,

Last night Mom referred to your basketball game as a "one man freak show." It leads me to believe that she has never, in fact, been to the circus. This also probably explains why she was so wary of Branson. At any rate, Dad said that Carol and Paul enjoyed your game and that Barry was doing a good job of taking care of you and your gimped ankle. He also said something about Barry looking like had just escaped from a cult. This, in turn, leads me to believe that Dad might not have a really good grasp on cult fashion, though I didn't see Barry, so maybe. Remember once when we were driving home from the fair and we thought we'd stop in Poplar Grove to see Josh on our way home? State Street was under construction, so instead of driving through town we had to drive out on Edson Road, late at night, past the cult house? It was terrifying. I ran by there several times last summer when I was living in town. It makes me think that probably no one in Poplar Grove knows anything about cults, though the couch on the porch and the year round Christmas light ensemble do explain how Barry in a sweat band looks like an escapee from the cult of PG tackiness.

We haven't been able to listen to your games on the radio, since my computer is broken and I can't access the live feed. The last time that you had a game the announcer on the radio said "we want to recognize all our listeners, especially Josh and Carrie Morelock, Big Rich Williams's sister and brother-in-law, listening out in Boston, Massachusetts. (pause) yes, Mrs. Williams, I just did it. (pause) Mrs. Williams, no, yes, no, I just did. I just said hello to them. Yes Mrs. Williams." (It reminds me of the time Mom wanted to sell that sports drink and was involved with that nationwide conference call to find out information. She made me listen in to the conversation on the phone upstairs; so, along with a dozen other people from around the country, I learned about the physiological advantages of the cherry juice. Half way through the call, Dad came into the kitchen and Mom started loud whispering to him "go...snap...the beans...go...snap...the beans." Like when someone whispers your name into a microphone and you spin all around and wonder where the sound is coming from, all these people listening in on this phone call must have started looking about them, wondering who was demanding that they go...snap...the beans.) Christi said that at church the next morning Mom told everyone that she sent a "heads up" out over the radio to Josh and Carrie.

Have a Happy Valentine's Day!

Love,

Carrie

Comments

Popular Posts